Feeding a newborn baby - an important process, and at the same time exciting.In preparation for the appearance of a baby into the world, a woman should learn about it as much as possible.So what tips on breastfeeding and the formation of milk in the body can give expectant mothers?
problems of breastfeeding
After birth mother and the kid learn a lot.He learns to eat, and she - to breastfeed.Despite the fact that the sucking reflex - a birth, some children have problems with sucking.
kid must grab the breast correctly and apply some effort to effectively suck the breast milk.Proper grabbing breast nipples making process painless for the woman, her breast milk does not stagnate.This is important because stagnation sometimes leads to the formation of infectious breast inflammation.
Useful tips on how to teach your baby to suckle properly:
• Take the chest hand and hold the nipples with your fingers, so he was at the center of the lips baby.This helps to develop a child root reflex.The signal is
• Put your baby to the breast.His mouth should be not only the nipple, but not less than 2.5 cm of the areola or the dark area surrounding the nipple.The lips of the child during feeding should be full and pouting, as if stretched to kiss.
One of the most common misconceptions about breastfeeding is that mothers try to give the baby the nipple.For it to be able to suck a lot of milk, it is necessary to do so in his mouth turned out to be the greatest possible portion of the breast.So my mother must see to it that in the beginning of feeding the baby's mouth opened as wide as possible.
There are also tips on good attachment of the child to her breast, especially during the first few feedings:
• A woman must put her free hand under his chest and gently push it under the areola.
• Then you need to put the breast in the baby's mouth.Thus it is necessary to make sure that fingers remain outside.
• You should try to keep the baby's head so that he did not have to turn in search of the nipple.
How to determine whether the baby grabs his chest?First of all, this is my mother say his lips.If they are compressed or folded inward, so the nipple is not completely captured.If the mother can hear only the soft sounds of swallowing and not noisy sucking, so the child sucks the breast milk properly.
Unfortunately, many mothers do not understand about breastfeeding that is the perfect time to relax.If a baby sucks properly, he calms down, and then his mom can relax and unwind.
breastfeeding immediately after birth
Although the birth process exhausts the woman's body, experts give tips as possible to put the newborn to the breast in half an hour after birth.And the American Academy of Pediatrics recommended to put the baby on the mother's abdomen and applying it to the breast immediately after birth because it helps to produce milk and to establish breastfeeding.Here are a few facts, speaking about the benefits of breastfeeding immediately after birth:
• A child is born with weak immune systems, to protect him from infections body needs antibodies that breast milk contains.The sooner they get the baby, the faster formed protection.
• According to experts of the American Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the colostrum, which in the early days of isolated mammary glands, contains large amounts of antibodies.In addition, it helps to establish a newborn digestion and avoid bloating and gas production.
• According to some data, breast-feeding in the first hour after delivery helps to ensure that in the future the child is supported by a stable blood sugar.
• Children who were attached to the breast immediately after birth, the process of adaptation to breastfeeding is easier.
Experts advise women on their own to put her baby to her breast before it makes a midwife.But if a child sucks bad, can not grab it correctly, if the mother during feeding feels uncomfortable, she should contact a midwife for help.It will give useful advice on how to adapt and adopt convenient for mom and baby pose.
Breastfeeding and the woman's body
If begin feeding immediately after birth of the baby, a woman's body will take place the necessary changes.It will begin to feel the rush of milk.At first feeding, it comes slowly.However, after a day or two it is accelerating.
the first week of feeding a woman may feel cramping pain in the lower abdomen during suckling, which is similar to the pain during menstruation.It is caused by contractions of the uterus as a result of generating the body of the hormone oxytocin.It is intended to stimulate the reduction of breast cells, and promote the release of milk in the nipples.At the same time, oxytocin causes contraction of the uterus and therefore causes cramping pains.But this is a good sign, as by cutting, the uterus returns to its normal size.
cramping pain during breastfeeding usually lasts for 7 - 10 days after birth.If they are concerned about a woman longer than she should see a doctor.