Back in the early Middle Ages in European gardens appeared borage plant, presumably imported to Spain by the Arabs.It began to grow throughout the ornamental and medicinal purposes.We are now familiar with it under the name of borage and borage officinalis.Europeans at that time called borage "the joy of the heart," as medieval physicians believed that on his mind becomes easier all the worries disappear, and heart failure is gone.And the Romans borage "adds courage."Ancient warriors took her hiking raise morale, but add joy.In this publication, we consider a general description of the healing properties of cucumber and herbs.
General description of borage.
borage, it - borage, borage (Borago offlcinalls L) - is an annual plant, with branched stems, reaching 35-60 cm. In height.Basal leaves are oval or elliptical in shape, and the leaves - oblong-ovate.The stems, like the leaves, covered with stiff hairs, white.
borage blooms from June to August, dark blue, sometimes white flowers, gathered at th
We now borage - known vegetable crops is often used as an ornamental, salad and, of course, a medicinal plant.
Medicinal properties of borage.
whole plant as a whole has a lot of medicinal properties.Leaves and stems are rich in ascorbic acid, salts of potassium, carotene, vitamins A and C and essential oils.It is well known anti-inflammatory, laxative, diuretic, diaphoretic and enveloping action of borage.On the basis of his manufactured drugs used in edema, in the treatment of rheumatism and kidney.Effective use of borage leaves to improve metabolism.
In folk medicine, there are many different recipes for infusions based on borage.Here are some of them.
- When neurasthenia, fever, rheumatic and heart pains, in various inflammations of the respiratory tract, kidneys, stomach and intestines, skin eruptions effective will the infusion of the flowers of borage, prepared as follows: dried flowers pour boiling water in a ratio of 1 to 10and leave for 30 minutes in a tightly sealed container.Take this infusion to warm by ¼ cup 5 times a day.It will be effective and as a sedative.
- In gout, rheumatism and to relieve muscle pain should pour a glass of boiling water 1 tbspdried flowers of borage or 2 tablespoonsit shredded dry leaves, leaving the resulting mixture for an hour.And, drain, drink before meals for 1 tablespoon
- Restore the mineral metabolism in the body will help the infusion prepared as follows: dried flowers of borage pour boiling water in a ratio of 1 to 40, press 1 hour under the lid tightly closed, after which the infusion filter and take ¼ cup each time after administrationfood.
- When gout, muscular rheumatism and heart neurosis help infusion of flowers borage honey.To cook it you need to pour a glass of boiling water 1 tbspplant flowers, leave for 2 hours, pre-wrapped with a towel.The strained infusion add a little honey, and eat between meals for 1 tablespoonat least 6 times per day.For the effect of receiving a course of infusion should last 1 month.
- to restore cardiac function, reduce inflammation of the kidneys and the treatment of gastritis with low acidity of the stomach to be taken before a meal ½ cup infusion, prepared in the ratio: 1 tbspflowers per cup of boiling water and to withstand 6:00 under the lid closed tightly.
- borage seeds medicinal help to increase lactation in nursing women.It should be ¼ cup of seeds, previously well rubbed, pour ½ liter of wine.Tightly closed bottle should be stored in a week, a cool, dark place.Then strain and take the infusion of 1 tbsptwice a day after feeding the baby.
- When neurosis and neurasthenia is very effective fresh juice of borage.It should take 1 tablespoonafter meals.
Besides numerous medicinal properties of borage is also one of the best honey plants, with one hectare yields about 200 kg of honey.Its specially grown near the fruit and vegetables to attract bees, this contributes to their pollination, thus increases the yield.
borage flowers are used as a natural flavoring and coloring in confectionery and liquor industry.The leaves are used as a component for preparation of soft drinks, brewed tea instead.
Through gentle smell of fresh cucumber and salty taste of the fresh leaves and flowers of borage is widely used in cooking.Apply them to soups, salads, mushroom dishes, fresh leaves are added to the side dishes to fish and meat dishes.It gives them a delicate flavor and freshness.
With an arsenal of useful features, borage is very unpretentious, grows rapidly, has a high resistance to cold.Grow it by virtue of any gardener.This is the case when a little effort, you can get the maximum benefit.Sow in his garden Borage and it all summer will delight you with bright colors, delicate flavor, give strength and improve health.
And not to leave it in the winter, gather flowers and leaves and covering gauze, dry in the shade.Keep dry borage in glass jars or canvas bags.