In young children, coughing - a fairly common phenomenon, because their immune system is still underdeveloped.Many parents notice that treat severe cough in a child is practically useless.One can endlessly give the kid a tablet drink its juices and syrups, but if the coughing subsides and on time, a few days later reappears with new force.Sometimes moms pay attention that the child no longer has other symptoms of any ailment, but the cough has always attracts attention, forcing parents to be nervous and to see a doctor to the question of how to treat severe cough in children.
often mom and dad feel powerless and do not know how to effectively treat severe cough with your child, because he interferes with sleep, just exhausting and even leads to vomiting, weight loss in infants.Before you treat a bad cough, it is necessary to understand its causes, to understand that it is generally for the phenomenon and whether you want to deal with it.As you know, cough is a protective reaction of the body, helps to
Often, doctors do not recommend too carried away by the treatment of cough in a child because it is not as contributes to the fact that the airways are cleared from the baby all the harmful accumulation, and therefore he will recover.In addition, the use of many drugs also do not benefit flanked by an immature body.Of course, there are exceptions, for example, a dry hacking cough should be treated necessarily because it is in any case does not fulfill its protective function and makes the condition worse.
usually to treat cough in children are used 3 types of drugs.
1. expectorant. used to accelerate the elimination of phlegm from the respiratory tract.
2. Cold preparations .Suppress strong, painful cough in a child who is not physiologically justified.Such drugs have effects on certain areas of the brain, reducing the sensitivity of receptors responsible for cough.
3. Mucolytic means.Such drugs facilitate removal of phlegm due to its dilution.Mucolytics sometimes referred to as an expectorant.
If your child has a dry cough, usually appointed him cold preparations, in cases where a wet cough, expectorants used.Contraindicated to use both those and other means, because by doing so can trigger the accumulation of mucus in the bronchi.There are certain drugs cough that would not normally prescribed for children.It codeine ethylmorphine, dimemorfan.The child such drugs can be prescribed only in exceptional cases, the doctor, in other situations, with a strong cough, for example, because of pleurisy or whooping cough, prescribe medication, is not addictive.
At ARD, bronchitis, pneumonia is most often observed wet cough, for its treatment commonly used mucolytics, among which the most popular Bromhexine, ACC, Ambroxol, etc. As an expectorant, used Mukaltin, Pertussin, Solutan.Many medicines are made from herbs, ie it contains natural ingredients.It is an effective remedy for cough is licorice root, from which the market can find a syrup.Also used cough mother and stepmother, plantain, thyme - all these herbs are sold in pharmacies in the ready-thoracic fees.However, in addition to any drugs for the treatment of cough is very important compliance and other conditions.How to treat and what to do if the child has a bad cough persists for a long time?
1. most common cause of cough are respiratory diseases, and that their treatment should begin to get rid of such symptoms as coughing.However, as everyone knows, even after recovery, cough and can remain for days, so full recovery is possible to use special tools mentioned above.
2. During treatment, the child should be warmly dressed.It has long been observed that the socks or vest made of goat or sheep's wool perfectly retain the heat in the body and prevent many diseases.Including prevent coughing.
3. should not forget about the old traditional therapies, such as: tea with raspberry jam, hot milk with honey and butter.These beautiful natural remedies are not only popular with children for its sweet taste, but also contribute to the dilution of sputum, its removal.This excellent diaphoretic means to facilitate the general condition of the patient.However, we must remember that a child should not drink tea with raspberries, if he has a high fever.
4. Coughing often intensifies at night, so before bedtime useful to make compresses and other warming chest procedure.One way to hot compress: to take a cabbage leaf, smear it with honey on the one hand, attached to the chest.Top cover with foil, fix the diaper or bandage and leave overnight.You must be careful to see to it that the child is not revealed an allergic reaction.
5. respiratory diseases accompanied by cough, usually advised to do inhalations with mineral water, which is very useful to buy a special inhaler.Very good softens dry cough and helps to relieve the child's condition.