Up to a point, this problem does not bother us.But one day everything can change.The disease is a stroke - is the result of cerebral circulation.It causes serious damage to cells in the brain and even death.
Sometimes a stroke causes the inability of man to be active, independent lives.In some cases, patients can be completely restored, but the way to health is always a long and difficult.
According to statistics, strokes result in death more often than breast cancer.And no matter how it may seem surprising to us, but a stroke - the problem is not the elderly.About 25% of the fair sex had a stroke before age 65.That is why such a problem, as the disease is stroke, and women's health should not be ignored, and at a young age.
stroke disease is more common the fair sex than men.However, women tend to remain more chances to survive.Perhaps this is due to the fact that the female brain is usually affected to a lesser degree than men.According to one study, damage to the cerebral cortex observed in fema
What are the risk factors may undermine the health of women?
mainly "female" risk factors for stroke do not differ from "male".These include high blood pressure, stroke disease is a family history of diabetes, smoking, high levels of red blood cells, diseases of the cardiovascular system.However, there are specific risks that may affect the health of women.For example, expectant mothers increased risk of stroke due to high blood pressure.At risk are young women who suffer from migraines and used oral contraceptives.
panacea for the disease does not exist.The only way to protect the health of women - a healthy lifestyle.Here are a few tips to help you reduce your risk of stroke:
• If you have elevated blood pressure, contact the person and stick to its recommendations.
• Give up smoking, including passive.
• If you have diabetes, follow the diet and take medications prescribed to you.
• Control your blood cholesterol levels to prevent cardiovascular disease.Try not to use the saturated fatty acids.
• Do exercises and sports.
• Try to keep your weight under control.If necessary, reset the extra weight.
• Alcohol consumption should be moderate.The key word here is the word "moderate".In Denmark, for 16 years, carried out the study, which was attended by about 13 thousand people.The results showed that people who drank 1 to 6 glasses of wine a week, a 34% reduced risk of stroke compared to those who do not drink wine at all or does so rarely.According to the researchers, the use of wine to a human body is explained by the content of tannins and flavonoids.These agents slow the development of atherosclerosis, a disease that is considered one of the causes of strokes.There is also a view that the admission of any alcoholic beverages helps prevent atherosclerosis.However, it must comply with the measure!Excessive use of alcohol can lead to more serious health problems.