Cervical dysplasia - a change of atypical uterine epithelium, which precedes the development of cancer.When the disease is detected early, dysplasia is completely curable.If dysplasia discovered at a later stage, requires immediate medical treatment.This disease occurs in women aged 25 to 35 years.What are the symptoms and treatment of cervical dysplasia, we consider in this article.
signs of cervical dysplasia
Cervical Dysplasia often occurs without symptoms external signs and the diagnosis dysplasia can only gynecologist at survey.But often it is accompanied by some disease (colpitis, cervicitis), which cause itching and burning.Sometimes the treatment of opportunistic diseases contributes to partial treatment of dysplasia.
to notice signs of cervical dysplasia - abnormal changes in tissues, it is necessary to consider the structure of the uterine epithelium.
The cervix is the cervical canal.Its outer mouth comes out of the vagina, and the inner jaws - into the uterine cavity.It contains ce
The outer cylindrical throat uterine cells transferred into squamous epithelium, which consists of a plurality of layers.There are no cancer.Squamous epithelium lines the walls of the vagina and has a pale pink color.
squamous epithelium has the following structure:
- parabasal-basal layer (the deepest layer of the epithelium bordering the muscles, blood vessels and nerve endings. This is generating layer containing young cells);
- intermediate layer (located on top of the basal layer of parabasal);
- functional layer (located on top of the intermediate layer).
occur in the basal layer of the maturation and cell division.These cells are round and large nucleus.They gradually moved to the functional layer and acquire a flat shape, wherein the core is reduced.This process is considered the norm.
If dysplasia is manifested, the cells behave differently.Getting to the functional layer of epithelial cells increase in size and may contain several nuclei.These cells are abnormal and are the first indication of the onset of pathologic changes in the cervix.After the appearance of epithelial cells no longer divided into layers.
Types of cervical dysplasia.
1. mild dysplasia.It affects only the lower third of the thickness of the epithelium.Cellular changes softly expressed.
2. Mild dysplasia.Defeat affects two-thirds of the epithelium.
3. Severe dysplasia.There defeat the whole thickness of the epithelium.Another name for the disease - a non-invasive cancer.
next step may be invasive cancer - pathological changes in neighboring tissues: muscles, blood vessels, nerve endings.
Causes of cervical dysplasia.
1. papillomavirus.This virus belongs to the type of oncogenic.At long stay in the body (of one year or more), this virus can cause abnormal changes in the cervical epithelium.
3. Chronic inflammation of the urogenital system.
4. Smoking (risk increased by 4 times!).
5. Early childbirth and sexual acts.
treatment of cervical dysplasia.
1. immunomodulators.These drugs for the treatment of cervical dysplasia are used in large-scale defeat of the epithelium and in cases of relapse.
2. Destruction.Electrocoagulation or cryotherapy in the treatment of dysplasia is appropriate to use to defeat the minor portions of the epithelium.
3. Amputation.This is a last resort treatment for cancerous lesions of the cervix.In cancer of the I and II degree possible regression, so doctors prefer to expectant management.Sometimes dysplasia can significantly decrease or even disappear during the adoption of anti-inflammatory drugs.
necessary to remember that regular inspection at the gynecologist will help identify signs of cervical dysplasia at an early stage and allow the doctor to apply effective treatment.Radiation dysplasia, as well as any other disease, will be successful only if timely detection.