Today, the term "dental prosthesis" encompasses a wide range of designs that are very different and the materials and methods of manufacture.Prostheses are for aesthetic purposes, but also for functionality to completely take over the function of missing teeth.But what dentures are the best today?On this question, we will try to answer.
What dentures are considered the best today?
Perhaps the most important criterion for determining the quality of dentures is one: the prosthesis should fully restore the lost function of a person's own teeth.Other parameters - cost, material, appearance - can vary.
Types modern dentures.
There are removable and non-removable dentures.
Removable dentures are :
1. Clasp dentures. This type of prosthesis is put on to keep the teeth and forms between the chewing surface.Clasp dentures, in turn, come with clasps or locks.Clasps - a hook, with which the prosthesis is attached to teeth, and locks - a rigid structure that is almost immobile.The load
2. partial clasp denture - a prosthesis instead of missing one or more teeth.A partial denture is made of plastic and are always attached with metal clasps to the patient's teeth healthy.Partial denture cheap, has a support, generally to the gum.
3. Removable full denture. This type of denture is used when the patient lost all the teeth on the surface of the jaw.This prosthesis patient holds in the mouth by sucking or special adhesive paste for dentures.
non-removable dentures there are the following types:
1. partial prosthesis, microprosthetics tooth.When a large part of the tooth is destroyed, but the remaining part is sitting firmly in the gums and is not destroyed, the patient may be asked to microprosthetics - the restoration of the damaged tooth.In this case, the restored tooth will not differ from healthy dental patient - no color or by function.Partial prosthesis of the tooth is performed using modern materials resistant to abrasion.Mikroprotezami can be tab, prosthesis - an overlay on a tooth or veneer - pad on the front of the tooth.Microprosthetics is the most advanced and effective method of restoring the destroyed part of their own teeth, modern competition is normal filling.
2. copings - it's the same mikroprotez but mountable to a pin in the channel destroyed the tooth when the tooth is destroyed almost completely reserved and only the roots.Pin screwed into the natural root canal, and tabs can be made of different materials: glass, metal ceramics, zirconia ceramics, extra strong plastic.
3. metal-ceramic prosthetic teeth .This type of prosthesis is performed in the case where the degree of tooth decay is quite large, and you want to create a strong, but aesthetically neat framework.
4. Metal-free crowns used for aesthetically pleasing prosthetic anterior and posterior teeth visible.Instead of metal, the basis of this type of crown is very durable transparent plastic frame.
5. Implants .This branch of prosthetic dentistry emerged relatively recently, but in recent years is gaining popularity.There are special clinics dental implant, implant implantation technique has not every dentist, and only a narrow specialist.The implant, implanted into the hard and soft tissue of the jaw, allows to replace a missing tooth, with the load in chewing person will be distributed to the jaw bone, preventing its gradual regression.
Proper care of dentures.
Once the dentist has put a patient or non-removable removable dentures, one must daily oral care and dentures to prevent inflammation of the mucous membranes of the mouth and tooth decay.
prostheses, especially removable, have a gap in which stuffed food particles.Over time, they may rot, and the person has bad breath and can be formed foci of inflammation in the gums and oral mucosa.
Care removable dentures simple: at night they are usually removed, and placed in a tank where the water is poured with special disinfectants.Before putting prosthesis into the solution, they must be carefully cleaned with the help of a toothbrush and toothpaste, particularly carefully - with the surfaces adjacent to the gums.In pharmacies sell special tablets and powders for the care of removable dentures: they dissolve in water, which is placed at night denture.
Clean removable prosthesis, as well as the mouth, tongue and teeth stay healthy patient should, as usual - twice a day, morning and evening.These simple daily manipulations will help to avoid bacterial contamination of the oral cavity.On the morning of the prosthesis should be rinsed with clean water, wipe it with a napkin.If the patient is using the adhesive paste - apply it on the surface of the denture and put in the mouth.
When care of non-removable dentures not use too hard brushes, abrasive tooth powders and improvised means of acid, soda, etc.Non-removable dentures to clean the same movements as your real teeth.To clean the non-removable dentures can be used and dental floss is coated with toothpaste on it, for better cleaning of all surfaces of the prosthesis.To care for non-removable prosthesis can buy a special single-row brush for cleaning.After each meal you need to rinse your mouth with clean water.When inflammation of the gums need to rinse your mouth with a decoction of herbs: chamomile, sage, calendula, oak bark.To clean the prosthetic teeth can not use metal toothpicks, needles.
In this article we have tried to tell in detail what dentures are considered the best today.Determine what you want to use a prosthesis, in each case, to advise the attending dentist or dentist - orthodontist.