Recovery voice after removal of the larynx.
1. Methodology "Esophageal voice." To recreate the patient sonorous speech, you want to create an artificial phonational body that will compensate for the absence of the larynx, as well as rebuild the conditioned reflexes of the central nervous system to the new.Of course, it is impossible to recreate the voice of a man who was before the operation.But through rehabilitation measures for the creation of artificial speech voices can help the patient as much as possible in social adaptation and communication with others.
In order to make the patient psevdogolos in
After surgery to remove the larynx, after radiolecheniya all patients are treated with corrective speech therapy sessions to develop skills to manage these new vocal apparatus.
All patients with remote larynx to the beginning of classes in vocal rehabilitation should be evaluated and take loronkologa conclusion that they do not have metastasis of cancer tumors, and there are no contraindications for lessons on vocal rehabilitation.
If there is severe irritation or inflammation around tracheostomy, narrowing, grade 2-3 hypertension, myocardial infarction in the recent history, it is also a contraindication to the speech therapy classes.
In fact, esophageal voice is none other than the regurgitation of air.This method of restoring the voice function has significant drawbacks: the sound of the voice is low, faltering voice illegible, besides - there is a serious problem casting the stomach contents into the esophagus, which can cause reflux esophagitis and esophageal stenosis, which would complicate the already difficult situation of the patient.
Experience has shown that patients with remote learning larynx ability to talk with the help of the esophagus is not a wholly-owned: the strength of 60% of patients can later use this kind of voice speech.
course of recovery to vote on this method includes four steps:
1. Preparatory Stage.Most of all directed to the use of psychotherapeutic methods for correction of the patient.Exercises - playing harmonica several times a day, physiotherapy on the development of skills of breathing through tracheostomy.
2. Education psevdogolosovogo mechanism in the esophagus, esophageal casting skills.Exercises: simulate heave with an open mouth, in a prone position to simulate heave repeatedly.The first patient will be able to say the words that begin with consonants "T" or "K".Sport should not be longer than 5 minutes.
3. Automatism education esophageal voice.The patient is trying to say is very short sentences, "Kate bought a doll", "cat rolls tangle" and others.With the help of training necessary to achieve intelligibility of speech.The patient learns to pronounce the words and phrases that need it every day in every day conversation.
4. Extension of the range of esophageal voice improvement in voice.At this stage, the patient may try to sing, read poetry.
2. «Elektrogortan." Apply this method helps specially invented an instrument called elektrogortanyu.Sound generator applies to the patient's neck under the jaw at a time when he wants to say the word.The patient must learn a special articulation, when the sound generator which vibrates, uttering sounds.Among the few drawbacks of this technique may be noted that the voice of the patient is obtained with a metallic sound is not pronounced clean, there is a high level of noise and interference, the voice of the patient is more like a robot voice, pitch and without expression.
Practice shows that patients, even acquiring this device, prefer not to use it, finding non-verbal ways of communicating.
3. «The voice prosthesis." Currently, this method is the most progressive and effective.To restore vocal function produces bypass patient trachea and esophagus, and prosthetic valve.
method lies in the fact that the patient between the trachea and esophagus make fistula, in which sewed special silicone valve - the so-called voice prosthesis.The valve is operated so that air passes from the esophagus into the trachea, but do not miss the contents of the esophagus into the trachea.The patient, closing tracheostomy, directing air from the trachea to the esophagus, utters a word.The voice at the same time formed a rather loud, clear and smooth.
Today, developers prosthetic voice went even further: they invented special filters for tracheostomy, which do not need to close the hand.
voice prosthesis operation can be performed in patients with any period after surgery to remove the larynx.
Currently, there are many models from various companies on the choice of a voice prosthesis will tell the attending physician.
prosthesis must be kept clean, do his cleaning, according to the doctor's recommendation.Sometimes you need to replace with a new prosthesis.
recovery after the removal of the larynx voice in modern medicine possible, rehabilitation and treatment is through the use of advanced methods of voice prosthesis, as well as creating a voice generator.