Surgical treatment of bronchiectasis testimony, they were not a lot and have strict restrictions.In the early recall what the bronchiectasis - a chronic lung disease, it is characterized by an abnormal expansion of the bronchi caused by deep lesions throughout the bronchial wall, irreversible or partially irreversible and tissues surrounding it, as a violation of the enzymatic function of the bronchi.This leads to the formation of inflammatory processes in the bronchi, and then spreads to the tissue surrounding it.
for bronchiectasis is characterized by undulating course, alternating periods of exacerbation and remission periods, eventually leading to lung complications: bleeding, pulmonary disease, spontaneous pneumothorax, pleurisy, pulmonary amyloidosis.Extrapulmonary: renal amyloidosis, brain abscess formation, chronic pulmonary heart.Any of these complications can lead to death of patients.Early treatment is very important.
There are two types of bronchiectasis: acquired and congenital.
Acquired bronchiectasis developed after serious lung diseases such as pneumonia, tuberculosis.Here bronchiectasis plays a role change bronchial walls, and increasing intrabronchial pressure.The trigger for changing bronchial walls, is a disease involving mucosal bronchial tree, then the process involved, lung tissue, and this leads to destruction of muscle and connective carcass lungs.A intrabronchial pressure rises due to compression of the bronchi by enlarged lymph nodes, clusters of them viscous secretions and prolonged cough.
Congenital bronchiectasis develops as a consequence of a violation of the bronchial tree in utero, very often associated with other congenital malformations: malformations of the heart, the reverse arrangement of internal organs, cleft lip, and others.
in the treatment of bronchiectasis are two ways: conservative and surgical. to be carried out only in a hospital.
Conservative treatment comes to the treatment of exacerbations and providing drainage of the bronchi.For this purpose, antibiotics, expectorants, proteolytic enzymes (trypsin).Route of administration, preference is given to endotracheal administration.Just use the washing and removal of pus through therapeutic bronchoscopy.
Surgery and most radical method is to remove the affected area or lobe of the lung.With early diagnosis and early treatment in most cases comes clinical recovery.
treatment of bronchiectasis has several objectives:
1. Identification and elimination of the causes which led to bronchiectasis.
2. Creating the conditions for a good outflow of mucus.
3. Treatment of inflammation in the lungs and antibiotic therapy.
4. Elimination of bronchial obstruction.
5. Determining the degree of lung injury and the need for surgical intervention.
6. Remediation of foci of chronic infection: chronic tonsillitis, dental caries, sinusitis.
Indications for surgical treatment of bronchiectasis, resection (removal of part of the lung).
- Bronchiectasis localized in only one lobe, without severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, burdened with chronic respiratory or heart failure.If these states cause shortness of breath, and interfere with normal life.
- Bronohoektazy localized in one lobe and is the cause of frequent exacerbations of the lung, leading to malfunction.
- Unstable course of the disease, with an ever-expanding areas of bronchiectasis.
- Availability brohoektazov adolescents, and if they slow down the physical development of children.
- bleeding or hemoptysis more than 200 ml.daily from the local bronchiectasis not post drug therapy.
treatment of bronchiectasis should be complex, under the supervision of experienced professionals, and not be limited resection of the lobe.Also plays an important role prophylaxis adherence acute respiratory infection or worsening of an existing chronic infection.Very effective after surgery to guide patients in pulmonology sanatorium.