perennial herbaceous plant Air marsh grows in the European part of Russia, the Far East, Siberia.Air marsh is highly appreciated in folk medicine, the most valuable raw material is considered to be the rhizome of the plant.AIR rooting mainly in the clay soil from its roots leaves a lot of roots, rhizome itself is brown on top, it is horizontal, thick, on the cut sponge, white.Rhizomes calamus have a spicy bitter taste and pleasant specific aroma.Air marsh can be found near the bodies of water: on the shores of lakes and rivers, swamps, ditches and beside the oxbow lakes, it is convenient to collect for use in folk medicine as a plant grows vast forests, together with other marsh grasses.In addition to its beneficial properties Air marsh is valued in traditional medicine in that its harvesting is possible in large enough quantities.
main therapeutic material rhizome, to be collected in the autumn, when the plant accumulates the maximum amount of nutrients.For storage of the material must be washed, crus
How Air marsh harvested for medicinal purposes:
1. With rake plant is extracted from the sludge.
2. collected material is washed thoroughly under running water.
3. The plant leaves and roots are cut.
4. Before drying, the rhizomes should be left in the open air - provyalitsya.
5. Cut the roots into equal pieces with a length of 15-20 cm and split them along.
6. air dry (temperature less than 30 degrees).
Before drying raw rhizome can be pre-cleaned of the outer layer of the cortex.If preform drying at a high temperature (over 30 degrees), from the raw material partially evaporate useful essential oils, should be avoided.Properly prepared rhizome should not bend, they break.
What useful components in a rhizome:
1. Essential oils characterized by a rather complex structure.
3. bitter glycosides akorin.
4. alkaloid calamine.
5. Ascorbic acid.
In what situations Air marsh is most useful:
1. contributed to increasing the reflex secretion of gastric juice.
2. increases appetite and improves digestion.
3. is a good expectorant.
4. used for preparation of drugs for the treatment of hypertension (lowers blood pressure).
5. is used as a sedative.
6. Cases of use Calamus as an analgesic and wound-healing agent.
spectrum of diseases in which the Air marsh, and drugs based on it may be useful, quite extensive: pneumonia, tuberculosis, gastritis, bronchitis, peptic ulcer, cholecystitis, liver disease, nephrolithiasis, diarrhea and so on.d.
Recipes for traditional medicines based on Calamus:
1. Broth hepatitis.Take equal parts of the following ingredients: Air marsh, St. John's wort, immortelle, raw chop, mix, measure out 1 tbspPour herbal boiling water (1 cup), put over medium heat, allow to boil, keep the 5 min., Then remove and cool.Take after straining the food, dividing the entire volume of the funds to 3-4 equal parts.
2. For the treatment of gastric and intestinal colic, gastritis, colitis is useful to take into the infusion of rhizome, which thoroughly dried raw materials are ground and pour the boiling water at the rate of: 1 cup water 1 tspmaterials.Provide a means to infuse for 20-30 minutes., Strain and drink 0.5 cups before meals 4 times a day.
3. For colds, polyps, blocked nose in small doses can be inhaled powder rhizome.
4. The broth helps with toothache.You need to bring the plant roots, chop, pour boiling water, leave for 10-15 minutes, add here is shredded flowers and leaves of sweet flag, put on fire, boil for 5 min., Cool.Take into fresh broth and rinse your mouth for toothache.
5. intestinal infectious diseases are advised to take the following means.Take rhizome, carefully grind, measure out 10 grams, add the washed rice (1-2 tablespoons), pour 2 cups of water to boil, reduce heat, simmer give for 20 minutes.Cool the broth, strain and drink inside, adhering to restrictions on food.Take 0.5 cups of broth to 4 times a day.
6. used for the treatment of pancreatitis Calamus powder in a mixture with the following additional components: 2 parts sweet flag and dandelion, 1 part hops, herbs, thyme, peppermint leaves, the roots of nettles.The dried raw material is necessary to grind to a fine powder (2-3 grind on a coffee grinder).Mix 5 tablespoonsobtained by means of 200 g of honey (if you are hypersensitive to bee products can be replaced by jam or jam).Take 1-2 tspevery day for 2 times and stored in the refrigerator.
7. to treat inflammation of the mucous membranes, gums necessary to rinse the mouth 2-hour infusion of Calamus powder (1.5 cups of water take 1 teaspoon of raw material).
8. Hemorrhoids do sitz baths with a decoction of the rhizome at the rate of 30 g per 1 liter of raw water.