Deaf called total hearing loss a person who makes verbal communication difficult.According to statistics, this diagnosis is about 2-3% of the world's population, but the number of cases is increasing every year as the adults and children alike.What are the diagnosis of hearing loss and treatment of the disease and its prevention?
Types of hearing loss
• Conductive hearing loss.This kind of disease develops due to changes in the mobility of the ossicular chain and eardrum.Usually, the reason for such deviations are acute and chronic otitis media, dysfunction of the Eustachian tube (Eustachian tube), adenoids, otosclerosis, and others.
• Sensorineural hearing loss.This type of hearing loss is characterized by damage to the sensory cells of the auditory nerve and central auditory system structures, the inner ear.Factors causing sensorineural hearing loss are exposure to diuretics, aminoglycoside antibiotics series, such as neomycin, kanamycin, monomycin, as well as the impact of industrial, dome
To assess the state of people hearing specialists used a method of speech audiometry (colloquial speech and whisper).
• Mild hearing loss.Patient distinguishes a whisper at a distance of 1-3 meters, the spoken language - at a distance of 4 m or more.
• High degree of hearing loss.Sick distinguishes a whisper at a distance of less than one meter, the spoken language - at a distance of 2-4 meters.
• Severe hearing loss.The patient hardly catches whispers, spoken words differ by less than a meter.
more accurate diagnosis of hearing loss is carried out by means of tone audiometry.
• Mild hearing loss.The limits of the range of tones of speech that distinguishes the patient - 40 dB.
• High degree of hearing loss.The limits of the range of tones of speech that distinguishes the patient - 60 dB.
• Severe hearing loss.The limits of the range of tones of speech that distinguishes the patient - 80 dB.
greater degree of hearing loss is a hearing loss.
diagnosis of hearing loss in children
identify hearing loss in young children is often difficult, since they alone can not express the absence or presence of the auditory sensations.At present, the hearing test in children experts use a special technique that allows you to record the auditory evoked potentials, which are electrical responses to auditory stimulation.
auditory evoked potentials allow us to establish the presence of auditory responses in children of all ages, including fetuses in the womb.In addition, this method of diagnosis not only helps to objectively degree of hearing loss and the prospects of treatment and rehabilitation, but also to determine the lesion of the auditory pathways.
widespread in the diagnosis of hearing loss and received a method of measuring the acoustic impedance.
In most cases, conductive hearing loss, which is the result of abnormalities of the middle ear, is treated with surgery.In the presence of contraindications to surgery conducted hearing aid.
Treatment may be conservative.This primarily refers to sensorineural hearing loss.To do this, resorting to drug therapy and physiotherapy.However, in cases with chronic sensorineural hearing loss conservative treatment of the disease it is often ineffective.
difficult to treat and sudden sensorineural hearing loss.More precisely, it can only be cured some forms of sudden hearing loss early on.
for the rehabilitation of patients diagnosed with chronic sensorineural hearing loss have resorted to the Hearing Care Professional, which allows improve hearing, but help is not for all patients.
crucial for the prevention of hearing loss has a population survey.It is carried out by methods widely available and bystrovypolnimyh (tone audiometry at frequencies 3-4).Survey primarily affects people who work in noisy factories or are other factors increased the risk of hearing impairment.
In addition it is particularly important to timely detect signs of hearing loss in children, since, hearing impairment, which are not detected in time, often the cause of delays in development, the formation of speech, the backlog in intellectual development.The end result of such a process can become a disability requiring long and arduous rehabilitation.