called Otitis ear infection.This disease is the person next symptom resembles the common cold.Thus, the development of otitis media is accompanied by fever and headache.In addition, the disease often occurs with colds.However, there are specific symptoms, the appearance is indicative of inflammation in the ear.
If colds many of us are treated without resorting to a health care professional, the signs of otitis media are essential reason for the appeal to the otolaryngologist.In the absence of timely treatment can significantly decrease the ear or develop meningitis.
Types of otitis
Experts identify several types of otitis media.By localization differ:
• Internal otitis (labyrinth) - inflammation of the inner ear region.
• The median otitis - inflammation of the area between the labyrinth and the eardrum.
• Otitis externa - inflammation of the outer ear canal, located between the opening of the external auditory canal and the eardrum.
In addition, distinguished chronic otitis, acute otitis m
cause of the disease
human disease occurs as a result of infection (viruses, bacteria, fungi) to the middle ear, often from the nasopharynx.Any of respiratory diseases, whether common cold, sore throat and sinusitis, can provoke purulent otitis.
Besides the risk of suppurative otitis media increases with hypothermia, ear injuries, as well as diving in open water.
Symptoms of otitis
The most characteristic symptoms of suppurative otitis media - is:
• appearance of a headache;
• occurrence of pain in the ear, shoot the eye to the jaw;
• ringing in the ears;
• nasal and ear hearing loss;
• oyavlenie purulent discharge from the ear.
stages of the acute form of otitis
The disease is human goes through five stages.
• The first stage is characterized by the occurrence of tinnitus, the emergence of a sense of stuffiness ears.During a call, the person may begin to hear an echo.If purulent otitis not accompany cold or flu, the body temperature remains within the normal range.
• Second, catarrhal stage.At this stage of the mucous membrane of the middle ear effusion it produced a lot, so that the patient has the feeling as if the ear something flows.Furthermore, in the ear pain appear, there is an increase in body temperature.
• Third, doperforativnaya stage.As a result of infection with purulent exudate observed the development of inflammation.Pain is worse, the pain shoots into the eyes or on the jaw, is markedly reduced hearing.
• Fourth, postperforativnaya stage.The consequence of the inflammatory process becomes break the eardrum and pus leaking through the ear canal.Because the pressure on the eardrum is attenuated, reduced pain, reduced body temperature.
• Fifth, reparative stage.It is characterized by a decrease in inflammation, scar formation in the place where was broken eardrum.Patients usually remain tinnitus, but over time the hearing is restored.
In some cases, the output of pus out does not occur, then the infection may begin to spread within the human cranium.There is a risk of complications.
complications of the disease
This disease is dangerous because inflammation may reach the bone of the patient and, in the temporal region.Purulent otitis media can cause the development of meningitis and even brain abscess.Another serious threat with otitis - a significant deterioration in the patient's ear.
Chronic purulent otitis
otitis media often does not flow in the acute and chronic.In chronic purulent otitis in the middle ear is constantly present source of human infection.It also threatens the development of intracranial complications and can cause hearing loss.To prevent such complications, you should immediately consult specialists.
treatment of the disease
the treatment of otitis media is taken into account is the stage at which the disease is.The object of the attending physician is not only eliminate inflammation, but also to restore the patient's hearing.
most commonly used in the treatment of otitis conservative methods of treatment: appointed antibiotics and painkillers, the use of vasoconstrictor nose drops, conducting physical therapy.
If the patient goes to the doctor during acute suppurative otitis media occurs when active inflammatory process, but the output of pus from the ear has not happened yet, the expert may invoke the procedure paracentesis.It punctured eardrum, carried out under local anesthesia.Running it for giving access pus, to prevent the development of complications.
In addition, surgical treatment can be applied to restore the hearing of patients after otitis media, to correct the eardrum and remove adhesions.